Giving Tuesday is November 29th. Giving Tuesday encourages giving to causes that matter to you and those you love.
We thank you for your past investment in NBJC’s mission of ending racism, homophobia, and anti-LGBTQ+ bias, stigma, and discrimination.
Some of NBJC’s 2022 Accomplishments:
- NBJC will commemorate our 19th anniversary by continuing our Benevolence campaign, making an investment in organizations that ensure Black LGBTQ+/SGL children, youth, and young adults can thrive
- Partnered with the Boris L. Henson Foundation to provide 250 young people and professionals with five free counseling sessions
- Presented Flowers, a conversation-based photo series shot by and for members of the trans community
- Joined early Biden-Harris administration conversations that led to the creation of the first-of-its-kind National Strategy for Gender Equity
- Engaged federal policymakers in Congress, the White House, and across government agencies to:
- Collect and use data at the intersections of race, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression to address issues impacting Black LGBTQ+/SGL people
- Ensure reproductive justice and abortion policies are LGBTQ+ inclusive, particularly in light of the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v Wade
- Confirm the first Black woman to serve on the United States Supreme Court
- Joined GILEAD’s innovative collaboration focused on educating people on MPox and eradicating the outbreak as it grows in the U.S. to ensure it does not become the new epidemic
With your continued support, NBJC can achieve even more.
Donate with PayPal Giving Fund_
100% will go to NBJC
The National Black Justice Coalition is a civil rights organization dedicated to the empowerment of Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people, including people living with HIV/AIDS. The mission of NBJC is to end racism, homophobia, and LGBTQ bias and stigma. As the leading Black LGBTQ civil rights organization in the U.S., NBJC has accepted the charge to lead Black families in strengthening the bonds and bridging the gaps between the movements for racial justice and LGBTQ equality.
- PayPal covers all fees
- Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund, a 501(c)(3) charity.
Donate with Mighty Cause_
Create your own fundraiser to support NBJC.
NBJC connects the grass tops to the grassroots, authentically. The organization is equipped with targeted messaging and data that brings voice, builds networks, and takes action on behalf of the Black LGBTQ/SGL community. NBJC’s strategic advocacy efforts have historically focused on the impact of federal public policy on the lives of Black LGBTQ/SGL people and Black America as a whole. The organization’s cornerstone issues are health and wellness, HIV awareness and prevention, safe and inclusive schools, employment non-discrimination, relationship and family recognition, anti-violence and economic justice.
- Currently 6,035 DONORS
NBJC Collabs with Bonfire_
All Black Lives Matter!
The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) is the nation’s only civil rights organization unapologetically and intentionally dedicated to the empowerment of Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) and same gender loving (SGL) people. Since 2003, NBJC has provided leadership at the intersections of racial equity and LGBTQ/SGL equality—advocating for the unique challenges and needs of the Black LGBTQ/SGL community that are often relegated to the sidelines. We’re thankful for everyone who has invested in radically inclusive social justice whether marching in a protest, helping to educate progressive leaders, or making a contribution to social justice organizations like NBJC. With the support provided by investors in our work this year, we prioritized: Responding to COVID: COVID & HIV Support youth and young adults Thrive Protecting Democracy GOVT & CENSUS.