On December 2, 2014, the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) will participate in the 3rd Annual#GivingTuesday, a day of giving back. #GivingTuesday is a first of its kind effort to transform how people think about and participate in giving during the holiday season. On this day, charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers and more will all come together to celebrate the act of giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season. We need your help!NBJC is asking for you to support Black LGBT/Same-Gender Loving (SGL) justice by giving back on#GivingTuesday.
We invite you to be a part of this day of giving and celebrate our great tradition of generosity. NBJC will use the backdrop of #GivingTuesday to show how Black Americans can do much more with our wallets than just consume.
NBJC is turning to our colleagues, friends, family and loved ones to give back and support a movement for justice, with Black LGBT/SGL people at the forefront of the shift in our nation. #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a moment around the holidays dedicated to giving, similar to how BlackFriday and Cyber Monday have become days that are, today, synonymous with holiday shopping. OnDecember 2nd for #GivingTuesday, you can support our effort to build a movement to support and advocate for Black LGBT/SGL people. At NBJC, priority is given to train the next generation of Black LGBT/SGL activists and leaders.
How you can support NBJC on #GivingTuesday?
- Make a pledge to support today (you will be reminded to donate on #GivingTuesday).
- Challenge 5 people through your social media networks to pledge to give back to NBJC on#GivingTuesday.
- Let people know that you are supporting NBJC on #GivingTuesday by updating your profile picture to our #GivingTuesday profile photo.
- Help us make BIG NOISE on #GivingTuesday by joining THUNDERCLAP. It's simple to sign up and a great way to share your Facebook or Twitter status with NBJC on #GivingTuesday. CLICK HERE to sign up.
- Stay engaged with NBJC throughout the year…we need YOU!
Need help with postings to social media?
We have created a few suggestions to aid in your efforts.
- I support @NBJConthemove on #GivingTuesday. So should you! Make a pledge to support today. http://bit.ly/GiveNBJC #Dec2
- Support #Black #LGBT #SGL #Justice by giving to @NBJConthemove on #GivingTuesday. Dec 2, 2014. http://bit.ly/GiveNBJC
- Join the worldwide #GivingTuesday movement on December 2 and help redefine the giving spirit this holiday season. Visit http://bit.ly/GiveNBJC and pledge to support the National Black Justice Coalition.
- #GivingTuesday is a day of giving. Anyone, anywhere, can participate! Please support the National Black Justice Coalition and support Black LGBT/SGL Justice.